Vitamin C – A powerful tool to reduce pigmentation and sun damage
Topical vitamin C serums are a natural antioxidant that can help reduce skin pigmentation and prevent future spots from showing up. Vitamin C has long been known for its ability to protect the body from immune system deficiencies, reduce heart disease, strengthen bones and teeth, and prevent against premature aging. Vitamin C is not something that is naturally found within the body and needs to be supplemented with diet, vitamins, and products containing vitamin C.
- A pure vitamin C serum has the ability to quickly exfoliate the surface of the skin to reduce pigmentation and create a brighter more even skin tone.
- It continues to work one step deeper by targeting melanocytes below the skin’s surface to prevent new pigmentation from forming.
- Natural antioxidants protect the skin from free radical damage caused by sun and pollution leading to early skin aging.
- It creates lipid hydration to rebuild the protective skin barrier and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Our Product of Choice – ZO C-Bright 10% Vitamin C serum
We love this product because it does not activate until it comes into contact with the skin. Many other vitamin C serums on the market oxidize quickly and have a very short half life, usually only a couple of weeks. This is a water free formula that relies on the natural water present in the skin in order to be activated.
10% Ascorbic acid – generates a brighter complexion by exfoliating existing pigmentation on the surface of the skin
Co-Q10 – a powerful antioxidant that reduces inflammation and protects the skin from outside damage
Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate – targets a deeper level in the skin to prevent 80% of new pigment formation by blocking melanin functions and produces collagen to decrease appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Squalane – provides additional hydration by replicating the body’s natural moisturizing mechanism
Tips for Use
- Since C-bright does not contain water, it relies on the water within the skin in order to be activated. This should be the first product applied to the skin after cleansing and toning. It will not penetrate well through other products on the skin.
- It can be used morning and night and should be started every other day, working up to daily use.
- It glides easily under make-up and provides additional hydration to your normal skin care routine.